[TYPO3-core] Collections?

Daniel Siepmann daniel.siepmann at typo3.org
Sun Feb 17 21:32:26 CET 2013

Hey Franćois,

I'm not sure, but I remember that someone told that they were introduced in 6.0.
You can create a collection of files or content elements and use them
e.g. to be displayed inside a plugin.

For example take a look at typo3.org. You can see the sponsor teasers.
They can be a collection of teasers.
You assign this collection instead of each teaser to the plugin.
Now the plugin will show the teaser.
The same collection can be assigned multiple times.
That makes it possible to edit the collection and it will be changed
everywhere you used it.

But remember: I'm not sures, that's just what I recognize from the
TYPO3Camp RheinRuhr in Essen last year.

--
Daniel Siepmann
TYPO3 Editorial Team Co-Leader