[TYPO3-core] Memory system woes

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sat Feb 16 18:19:06 CET 2013

Hi Mathias,

Mathias Schreiber wrote:

> How many pages does your tested TYPO3 install have?
> We have roughly 20.000 pages and use 4.5.22 (well...23 as of now).
> We have massive problems with the pagetree (RAM wise).
> Opening up a node takes up to 2 minutes.

IP from 4.4 times two - not so much.

If the page tree cause problems, you can tune the number of preprocessed
nodes and you can of course contribute patches too it.
AFAIK, nobody is working on the page tree ATM.

Regarding the page setup, maybe you can create a sample SQL file that
represents the kind of structure you use for your 20.000+ pages so that we
have a common profiling base?

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!