[TYPO3-core] Review system woes

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Sat Feb 16 15:32:33 CET 2013

Hi Francois,

your first suggestion sounds radical to me. I fear it won't help so
much, instead people will just stop doing work for TYPO3. That's the
problem with open source: People do what they like to do. If they aren't
allowed to submit new patches, but only review ones, (at least I expect
that) many will not switch over to doing reviews.

I can't agree more with your second point, the Core Team state. I
understand the frustration by Christian that many "team members" that
simply do nothing are blocking his work + the expectations of other
community members. It was also demotivating for me, when I was active to
see the long list of members.
I expect sth. to happen soon, Olly, Michi, and Benni met few weeks ago
and I heard here at the mountain that their suggestion should be
published these days.
Oh my god.. I fear the next storm.. restructuring of the Core Team
announced at T3BOARD :-)

Kind regards
Steffen

- --
Steffen Gebert
TYPO3 Server Administration Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

I work for TYPO3 solely in my spare time. If you think that
my work helps you running your business, you are invited to
send me a donation via PayPal to this email address. Thanks