[TYPO3-core] Memory system woes

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Thu Feb 14 22:00:34 CET 2013

Hi Bernhard,

Bernhard Kraft wrote:

> I guess if this
> direction is kept on TYPO3 mostly developed by Germans will be a system
> only suitable mostly for Germany (and other western European countries).
> Which surely isn't the goal!

Honestly, every decent computer from the last 10 years can run any current
web application.

Even my cellphone is powerful enough to run most websites. And new
"smartphones" come with a quad core CPU and an additional graphic unit.
My cell phone has more memory then my mums computer!
Hardware acceleration is the key.

Today the client side browser is more important to speed than any
optimization you can do as programmer.
In most part of the worlds, the network latency is taking more time then the
actual rendering of the website.

You really really have to work hard to stress any computer that was sold in
the last five years with a normal "office" workload.
1 GB Memory and a 2GHz CPU is good enough to run any website, but games.
And guess what was sold ten years ago.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!