[TYPO3-core] CMS Configuration

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Thu Feb 14 21:51:24 CET 2013

Hi Bernhard,

Bernhard Kraft wrote:

> So the idea would be to have a compilation script which allows to
> automatically shrink down TYPO3 core to only the required features.

Most features are already extracted as extensions and can be removed if not
wanted. However removing others can not be done without touching almost all
parts of TYPO3.

I think it would be better if we could update or extend the Install Tool to
at least have a wizard to select the wanted modules and maybe even to remove
the module (but thats also possible with EM).

I do not think that the TYPO3 core contains that many features that can be
extracted to further modules, without cripling TYPO3 too much.

Maybe some of the frontend stuff can be extracted further, but the system
extension "frontend" looks pretty clean already. I wonder if we can make it
more standalone to support projects that do not need the default frontend.
Same is true for the backend - which is already rather modular.

IMHO the kind of configuration utility you are wanting to create exists
already with the extension manager.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!