[TYPO3-core] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Memory system woes

Mathias Schreiber mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Thu Feb 14 10:56:06 CET 2013

Quote: Georg Ringer wrote on Wed, 13 February 2013 18:27
> so lets start us (again) to make it faster instead of waiting and
> letting others make it slower ;)

Agreed.
I will try to gather my team.

> by just making it better. You don't wanna know how often I see XSS, sql
> injections & co and still not all people use a proper escaping ... this
> just shouldn't mean that the Security Team  should stop its work, does it?

I know what you mean but I think 3rd party stuff is something different.
Think of it like what if new core team members would introduce XSS with every other patch.
You'd freak out too :)

> > I can live with that.
>
> .... but you don't want to. So what about having talks about how to make
> things faster and which things need to be fast and better. waiting won't
> fix it.
>
> what about having sprints, hangouts, .. to make it faster?

Like I said: count me in every time.
What I hate is when people remove (!) performance improvements that have been there because they just don't understand the implications.
I wouldn't remove the bootstrap just because I don't know what it's there for :)
Even worse, the "fix" of the fix had no measurable impact on performance at all (since it could be cached by bytecode caches anyways), so basically it was just removed for cosmetic reasons.
*ripping my hair out*

:)

I will attend some more camps and other events and do talks about what to look out for, common pitfalls etc. during 2013 anyways.

Cheers
Mathias

good discussion btw.