[TYPO3-core] Re: Re: Re: Re: Memory system woes

Mathias Schreiber mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Wed Feb 13 18:21:57 CET 2013

Quote: Georg Ringer wrote on Wed, 13 February 2013 17:29
> of course every contributer got a different knowledge and different
> needs but IMO yes performance is important to everyone of us.

This is good to hear and I also want to believe this but facts prove you wrong (since every versions get's slower :()
I just don't know how to engrave proper benchmarks deep into the brains and workflows of each developer.
I mean, I never saw something like "hi, I introduce patch XYZ and the performance impact is -3% under conditions ABC, is this ok?" EVER.

But you know what?
I can live with that.
I can't live with getting told off to re-introduce (notice the RE) a fix AGAIN in order to "scratch my own itch".
This is just wrong on so many levels, I can't even count them :)