[TYPO3-core] RFC for Localization

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Tue Feb 12 12:02:01 CET 2013

Hello,

I'd like to point out three different patches waiting for your reviews:

- #44099: L10n fallback does not work for TS labels
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/44099

	Sample TS in bug tracker to test and reproduce
	Patch for 4.6 / 4.7 in BT
	Patch for master / 6.0 in Gerrit

- #44273: L10n fallback does not work for ExtJS in BE
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/44273

	How to reproduce for own extensions in BT
	Can be reproduced OOTB with EM and Spanish for instance
	Patch for 4.6 / 4.7 in BT
	Patch for master / 6.0 in Gerrit

- #42084: Translation 'en' missing http://forge.typo3.org/issues/42084

	In short, one cannot override English with custom translation since
TYPO3 4.6
	Patch for master / 6.0 in Gerrit

Thanks for helping getting rid of these annoyances.

PS: localization handling should be refactored to prevent code
duplication but this won't happen for 4.6/4.7/6.0 anymore, so we should
target this for either 6.1 or 6.2, hopefully with a streamlined support
for both BE and FE and, why not, take advantage of XLIFF and add support
for plural forms and official built-in support for placeholders in
strings :)

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6