[TYPO3-core] Review system woes

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Sun Feb 10 00:50:03 CET 2013

Hello !

On 02/09/2013 07:56 PM, Roland wrote:

> [...] now, we do not want to work without git anymore. your
> boss should be happy if you spend some time to learn git! ;-)

Of course GIT will replace SVN in the long run in the same way as SVN
did replace CVS.

Probably the current situation is induced by this new versioning tool.
Before there were a lot of people who were already used to subversion.

Now there is a "new way" and not many people have a map which shows the
right directions. This leaves the patch review task to people who are
already used to GIT/gerrit.

Maybe some slides and or talks (podcasts) would help to solve this
situation. Maybe ask Kasper to do some podcast with someone used to
gerrit :)

greetings,
Bernhard