[TYPO3-core] Review system woes

Thorsten Kahler thorsten.kahler at typo3.org
Fri Feb 8 18:17:46 CET 2013

Hi Philipp,

Philipp Gampe schrieb am 08.02.13 16:56:

> IMHO the issue tracker is for discussing the problem, make it reproducible
> and find out under which condition a bug triggers.
>
> For me that is something completely different then the code change and the
> comments related to the change. The change review system is for discussing
> the best strategies to code the specific feature or bugfix.

IMHO "strategies" belong to the bug tracker because

- there should be an agreement on how to solve issues before somebody
starts to implement a solution
- Forge has better support for markup, links etc. so it's much easier to
follow discussions, add examples and so on

> It allows to
> comment on code smells and anti-patterns, as well as unwanted side effects.
> It is the technical part.

Yep, that's the domain of a review system.

Cheers,
Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kahler