[TYPO3-core] Review system woes

Tolleiv Nietsch tolleiv.nietsch at typo3.org
Fri Feb 8 18:03:08 CET 2013

Hi,

that's easy - because we've to maintain our own Core-Fork anyways and
having the stuff in the official Core is not really "relevant" for the
agencies then. In times of Git and Cherry-Picks it's even less relevant.

Please understand "relevant" in terms of "project critical".

Why do we have to have a fork in any case?
* Back porting hooks to older versions
* Adding patches which never pass the review
* Places like the link wizards or tcemain/DataHandler are rarely touched
* Removing parts from the official Core even before the actual change is
merged (e.g. cHash handling which we changes 2 release before it come to
the Core)
* Added "optimizations" which work well for us but didn't pass the
review system

So if the pain to get something through Gerrit is too big, nobody will
even consider to take it.

Cheers,
Tolleiv

--