[TYPO3-core] Review system woes

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Feb 8 17:02:22 CET 2013

Hi Alexander,

Alexander Opitz wrote:

>> That is why you should not push a patch to multiple branches at once. It
>> is not so much about information, but you easily loose the
>> synchronization of the patches.
>> Push a patch to the highest branch first (which one depends on the
>> patch).
>
> So at the moment we wait that a patch get reviewed, very long time. So I
> should change this to wait very long, then make the patches for older
> releases and wait more time? Instead of hoping that the reviewer can
> review all patches, cause he has this situation in his brain at the
> moment? That only costs extra time and I think thats stupid handling.

Usually backports are merged straight. If a some code change significantly
in some version you may also push a different patch to the highest branch
before that version and leave a comment in gerrit.

However, synchronization issues are worse then waiting a little for another
review in lower branches (that are not always needed).

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!