[TYPO3-core] RFC 17978 -.... 30% performance drop without discussion

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Tue Feb 5 12:25:10 CET 2013

On 02/05/2013 12:14 PM, Ernesto Baschny wrote:
> Ernesto Baschny schrieb am 05.02.2013 12:13:
> Besides the 30% performance problem I appreciate the effort done on this
> area and would really also welcome such a change which simplifies the
> TCA handling once and for all. This has been a nightmare ever since!

And this is the exact reason for this patch. We need to simplify this
mess in order to have a slight chance for a fast and maintainable
version in the future. The current cache situation is a real problem in
the frontend and it must be substituted by a transparent solution. If,
during the development, we have to live with some impact, that is ok for me.

We're talking about full-cache pages without user_int here. They are
usually somewhere around 30ms seconds or so. If that is now 40 ms ...
well ... i don't care. This rare case means that you still can handle
around 1k reqs/second on a server, since that is also not fully cpu
bound, but some time is also wasted in waiting for db and so on. If this
is not enough for your application load, you need a different layer in
front of that anyway.

Regards
Christian