[TYPO3-core] Question about FAL-migrated files

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Mon Feb 4 11:56:40 CET 2013

Hi François,

Am 30.01.13 21:18, schrieb François Suter:
> Hi all,
>
> Two weeks ago I asked a question in the English list about what can/must
> be done with the files "migrated" by the FAL upgrade wizard:
>
> http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-english/2013-January/084201.html
>
> There wasn't any answer. Could anyone who knows about that stuff provide
> an answer please? That would be very nice and certainly helpful to quite
> a few people.

Both folders are required. "./fileadmin/" is used as your local
(default) storage for files.
The files in "_migrated_" have just been copied from e.g. "./uploads/"
to that folder to be inside the local storage and thus can be referenced
and used at all.
The files in "_processed_" can be seen as your "typo3temp" folder per
FAL storage, since you can have multiple of them.  If the "_processed_"
folder gets purged, files (basically thumbnails, etc.) should be recreated.

Cheers,
Olly
--
Oliver Hader