[TYPO3-core] Vendor name for community extensions

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Dec 30 15:04:10 CET 2013

Steffen Müller schrieb am 29.12.2013 10:27:
> Hi.
>
> On 28.12.2013 13:04 Nicolas de Haen wrote:
>>
>> since I'm refactoring the ExtensionBuilder right now and switch to
>> namespaced classes [1] I wonder, what would be the best vendor name for
>> such "community extensions".
>>

> precise, but long:
> ExtensionBuilderTeam
>
> less pretty abbreviation:
> EbTeam

+1 to something like this, and also in line with what Helmut just wrote.

Use a specific vendor-name for the "group of people" developing the
thing. If the same group is doing multiple extensions, use the same
vendor name for all these extensions.

If the extension at one point in time becomes part of the CMS
distribution, as Helmut said, it is renamed to use the
TYPO3\CMS prefix.

To complete this: To tell the world that your package is a "TYPO3 CMS"
extension (and not a "Flow Package" or some other PHP kind of package),
we will use the composer "type" attribute:

"type":"typo3-cms-framework" => TYPO3 CMS sysext
"type":"typo3-cms-extension" => TYPO3 CMS regular extension

So you don't need to specifically have any hint about the "type of the
package" in your namespace!

Cheers,
Ernesto