[TYPO3-core] Code Developer Policies

Michael Stucki michael.stucki at typo3.org
Fri Aug 30 10:25:19 CEST 2013

Hey Jigal,

> + New releases should always be compatible with the versions of MacOS
> and Windows which are supported by their vendors (think about OS
> specific PHP functions for example)

Good approach. This covers 90% of the webservers... ;-)

I agree of course, but just wanted to make sure that Linux distributions
are considered, too.

We discussed the point already a few weeks ago, and the result was a new
passage about "Platform support" in the release workflow document:
http://typo3.org/teams/core-development-team/resources/release-workflow/

Considering that the text doesn't t really fit in there, I suggest to
move it into the new development policies.

Greetings, Michael