[TYPO3-core] Code Developer Policies

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Fri Aug 30 10:08:38 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 29-8-2013 17:18, Ernesto Baschny wrote:
> I created a first version of it here:
>
> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-core/wiki/CoreDevPolicy

Good to have it documented!

## General OS / PHP Version / Browser Support

+ New releases should always be compatible with the versions of MacOS
and Windows which are supported by their vendors (think about OS
specific PHP functions for example)
+ New releases should be compatible with DBMS versions which are part of
maintained distributions of the OSes we support

## Documented rendering changes

I don't think we should keep that in (global) variables during normal
operation. This will only add to the memory hunger we already suffer
from, while this information is only needed during an upgrade.
Can't we store this information is a special file in an extension, e.g.
ext_installinfo.php which is only included during upgrades to provide
this overview?

Thanks for starting this documentation.

--
Jigal van Hemert