[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 CMS fork on github, project name "Catharsis"

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Sun Apr 14 09:53:48 CEST 2013

Hi Guys,

being long in the community i must agree to some ideas.

I really like the idea to use sth. similar to guthub to make the process
easier. (e.g. gitlab).

Thanks
Kay

Am 13.04.13 17:38, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
> Hi,
>
> On 13-4-2013 15:32, Fedir RYKHTIK wrote:
>> = Some thoughts =
>>
>> * Actual gerrit system has quite important latency
>
> How do you mean that? Speed of the site itself or time it takes to review?
>
>> * There are tickets on Forge with solutions, which exists since several
>> years
>
> Feel free to help! If there is a patch, push it to gerrit to make sure
> it gets reviewed. It's a community based OpenSource project so the
> labour needs to be done by the community.
>
>> * TYPO3 Association has not enough Project Managers
>
> Are there Project Managers at all?? Besides, the Association doesn't
> develop TYPO3. The community develops it, the Association only funds
> some development and other activities as it's decided by the Association
> members.
>
>> * There are lots of tickets in Forge, which should be commited long time
>> ago
>
> Correct. We do lack manpower, especially for core team reviews. We're
> all doing what we can in our spare time.
>
>> * People have limited lifetime, they like to live now
>> * There are lots of frameworks which are pretty cool
>> * TYPO3 has great architectural concepts
>> * Realisation of TYPO3 could be better
>> * Big system good functioning needs goods organization
>
> You've lost me here... What do you mean by these points?
>
>> = Propositions to TYPO3 project managers =
>
> There no project managers that I'm aware of...
>
>> * Believe in community
>
> We all do! That's why it's a community based project.
>
>> * Use agile methodologies
>
> Many code sprints use Kanban boards; the flow/neos team uses scrum...
>
>> * Make TYPO3 Developer Days free as a beer
>
> Who pays the bill here? If you think the Association should pay for it,
> make a proposal and get the members to vote for it. Or maybe you can pay
> it?
>
>> * Answer to every Forge ticket in 24h
>
> It's a community project with no full time paid developers. We all have
> a job, family life and need to sleep; then there is also time left for
> TYPO3 work. We've already made sure there is a "Friendly Ghost" for each
> week who tries to look at each new issue.
> Again, feel free to help to look at new issues, test them and see if
> they are valid or not. That will make the life of the Friendly Ghost a
> lot easier!
>
>> Personally, I had a lot of patches on TYPO3 Core, which are used on our
>> sites,
>
> If you make the effort to get these patches in the core you don't need
> to apply them to each update :-)

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach