[TYPO3-core] Change CGL for inline comments?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Sep 24 08:23:08 CEST 2012

Helmut Hummel schrieb am 22.09.2012 18:31:

> our CGL currently state that inline comments must be indented one tab
> more than the following code line.
>
> This is a speciality that only exists (as far as I know) in the TYPO3
> project for historical reasons.
>
> One downside is, that IDEs lack support for auto formatting the comments
> that way.
>
> With the switch to namespaces, the script accidently reverted this
> coding style and set *all* inline comments on the same indenation level
> as the following code.
>
> During the CI code sprint we discussed if it would make sense to change
> the CGL here and leave it, as we have it now instead of fixing all the
> comments.
>
> We all agreed that we should go that way and change the CGLs
>
> Any major downsides to do so?

+1 on keeping the "after-namespaces" change in 6.0.

And I agree with Xavier and Arvid, it's not worth to backport that CGL
to 4.5..4.7. The CGL could have a general remark pointing out that "the
current CGL is valid for the current TYPO3 minor release, even if some
further CGL update is released in future, changing some aspect of it.",
which would mean that the "old CGL" still applies to older releases.

Cheers,
Ernesto