[TYPO3-core] Official information about the upcoming LTS version

Markus Klein klein.t3 at mfc-linz.at
Thu Sep 20 13:06:56 CEST 2012

> Hi,
>
> On 20-9-2012 12:40, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> > issues. On the other hand, TYPO3 should move forward. I only wish
> > there was more testing before each release.
>
> With 6.0 there were a lot more unit tests added and there is also work done on constant automated integration tests with different
> PHP versions, different operating systems, etc.
>
> It is also very important that a lot of people test alpha and beta releases to find problems before the release.

Right, but reporting is not enough, fixing is even more important.
The problem is that people start to work on new features right after feature freeze, instead of fixing bugs.

Just have a look at the open bugs list or even worse, the unmerged bugfix list in Gerrit, which contains lots of code which improves TYPO3, but the patches are just not merged.

Stop thinking of new features, concentrate on reducing bugs only.
My opinion: A patch that is pending for 2 weeks in Gerrit is either a complete mess or simply ignored.
Simple solution: Abandon the complete mess and merge the ignored ones.

Just my cents
Markus