[TYPO3-core] Official information about the upcoming LTS version

Michael Stucki michael.stucki at typo3.org
Wed Sep 19 14:06:26 CEST 2012

Hi Andy, hi all,

Am 19.09.2012 11:57, schrieb Steffen Gebert:
> we talked about this last week, but there's no official decision or
> announcement to be expected (at least not before 6.0 release).
>
> Most of the people involved agreed that 6.2 might be a good candidate,
> as it will be released 6 months prior to 4.5 LTS's EOL.

I'm 100% sure there will be another one, only we didn't decide about it
yet in the team.

Just like Steffen already mentioned, we can't tell for sure yet if it
will be 6.1 or 6.2, but it clearly has to be one of these two versions
(depends if we provide 6 or 12 months for migration).

> So I *think* you can expect another LTS to appear.

Let's try to make this official short after T3CON.

Greetings, Michael