[TYPO3-core] other default language on a subsite

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Mon Sep 10 12:55:17 CEST 2012

Hi,

> TYPO3 itself doesn't really care what language you put into the records
> as default-language. The problem you point out regarding extensions
> still showing German text is not what what "flag" you have configured
> for your default-language in the backend but what settings you have for
> config.language and config.locale_all, as can be found in the link
> mentioned above. So setting those for your subsites should help.

I have this configuration for one big site. The trick is to create an
alternative language for each language, including the default one (so
either English or German for you) and then hide the language translation
record corresponding to the default language in a subtree using pageTS with:

# Localization stuff
mod.SHARED {
    defaultLanguageFlag = de
    defaultLanguageLabel = Deutsch
    disableLanguages = 1
}

where disableLanguages is the uid of the record corresponding to your
default language.

The funny part will come whenever you have a mount point for some shared
pages that is in another default language than your default language. I
had to xclass (IIRC) the menu generation to be able to force a language
to be used.

HTH

--
Xavier Perseguers