[TYPO3-core] other default language on a subsite

sebastian at informatik.uni-mannheim.de sebastian at informatik.uni-mannheim.de
Mon Sep 10 11:31:12 CEST 2012

Hello Core-team,

I hope I'm right here, I have some problem in a quit big Typo3-installation.

We are using Version 4.5.17 on Debian.
The main installation is in german, so our default language is also german.
For some subsites (the globes at the left side) we need also english, here
we use this "alternative site language stuff" - works well.

Now we also have subsites, which only want to have english as the default
and only language.
Writing english in the german page is OK, but some extensions still outputs
some german words, (like tt_news and "Aktuelles").

Is it possible somehow, to change the default-language of a subsite by
typoscript or in an other way? I tried something like
http://www.training-typo3.com/2008/12/15/typo3-multi-language/
but it did not work.

I think I must put english to "config.sys_language_uid = 0" somehow.

Thank you for help,

Regards,

Sebastian

--