No subject

Mon Oct 1 01:19:54 CEST 2012

version (e.g. 4.5.x), I don't see such a customer detect new functional
bugs in his day-to-day work with TYPO3. So stopping to backport each and
every bugfix to this version is nice, but could be stopped at some time
in space.

Instead, our customers expect to have a secure system that is covered by
security fixes for as long as possible.

So I'm absolutely in for having the two phases of maintenance types as
we have them already, but maybe re-balance those two periods against
each other
- maybe shorten the "fully maintained" period a bit
- hopefully extend the "only security fixes" period a bit

It would be great, if the overlap of one LTS to the next LTS version
would be longer - and if it's only an overlap with security fixes, that
would be very good!

Cheers,
Mario