[TYPO3-core] CGL proposal: Dropping the closing PHP tag

Andreas Wolf typo3ml at andreaswolf.info
Sat Oct 20 15:41:20 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'd like to propose a change to our CGL to get rid of the closing PHP tag.

I don't see a good reason why it is there, but it creates a lot of
hazzle with our "no trailing newline" rule, especially when doing a
quick fix without an IDE (I don't control these settings in every
editor I use).

Dropping the closing tag will make sure that no content in the PHP
file can slip into the output (which is AFAIK at least one main reason
why we have the "no newline"-rule).

What's your opinion on that?

Regards
Andreas