[TYPO3-core] enablet to render record twice(duplicate rendering) [was: Re: Weird behaviour after a recent change in all supported versions]

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Tue Oct 9 10:34:46 CEST 2012

Hi Peter,

Op 09-10-12 08:47, Peter Niederlag schreef:
> The last time I ran into this afair I solved it by using an alias and/or
> a join query. IIRC the problem is that the check looks for a unique
> 'table.uid'? I never used sub-queries in TYPO3 CMS yet.

I did find a workaround for our current problem (some of our queries had
to be uncached anyway, and since cached and uncached is somehow dealt
with in a parallel universum, this case could solved by playing around
with that).

But I find this issue so peculiar that I would like to see a real solution.

> As noted by JoH in one of the bug tracker issues, imho it should be
> possible to toggle this feature("dont render on subsequent calls")
> on/off. Default = on, but can be disabled via TS. And just do the
> $GLOBALS['TSFE']->recordRegister[$originalRec] thing in case the check
> is enabled.

I think you refer to this note [1], and I read that as 'just an idea'. I
could not find any traces of it in the core.

And from [2] it seems the problem still exists in 4.7.x

I checked the code in class tslib_content_Content and nothing seems to
have changed yet.

My idea is almost the same as Bernard Krafts suggestion to decrement the
value [3] (notice this post is from 2005!):

    When I add:
        if ($originalRec) {
           $GLOBALS['TSFE']->recordRegister[$originalRec]--;
        }
    at the bottom of the "CONTENT" method it works as expected ...

Are there any reasons not to include this in the core?
Loek

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/20541#note-14
[2] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/20541#note-22
[3] http://typo3.toaster-schwerin.de/typo3_dev/2005_06/msg00595.html