[TYPO3-core] Weird behaviour after a recent change in all supported versions

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Mon Oct 8 22:27:13 CEST 2012

Hi Peter,

Thanks, that's exactly what it is.

I suppose we didn't run into this 'feature' before because we did not select the
uid fields. It'd be nice if the anti-recursion feature would only start working
at a higher recursion level, but I don't see how at the moment.

I'm not quite sure what the protection should do and what the limitations are
right now. At the moment, you can select the same record more than once on a
page, as long none of the earlier queries involved a sub-query.... I don't
really see the logic of that. I suppose it's meant to stop recursion, but it
stops a lot unproblematic queries.

I think a huge improvement would be to unset the value of
$GLOBALS['TSFE']->recordRegister[$originalRec] at the end of the function render
in class tslib_content_Content. It still blocks the same record to be selected
recursively, but it frees it up again for an entirely new, unrelated query on
the same page.

What do you think, would this break anything else? If not I'll make a patch.

Loek