[TYPO3-core] Proposal for the upcoming Roadmap and LTS

Michael Stucki michael.stucki at typo3.org
Sun Oct 7 00:46:00 CEST 2012

Hi Stefan,

>> 2) We want another LTS version
>>  * Depending on the criteria of a project, there is a high demand for
>> both (bleeding-edge features as well as long-term commitment)
>>  * Therefore we see a need to keep up with the LTS versions
>>  * A new LTS version shouldn't overlap too much with the existing one,
>> which will expire in Jan 2014
> typo3.org say 4/2014

OK, consider that as a mistake in the text then. There is no change
intended to that.

>> As a result, we propose the following schedule for the next versions:
>> TYPO3 6.0
>>  * originally scheduled for October 2012, now postponed to November 2012
> Was that also decided "just now"? The roadmap doesn't yet know about it,
> and I expect several people also still have 27th October in their schedules.

It was decided by the release team and announced this morning during
Helmuts 6.0 presentation. He probably didn't change the roadmap yet,
but I'm sure he will do so...

> In general looks fine to me - though I expected 6.1 as an LTS maybe -
> but I understand your reasoning behind not overlapping LTS-releases for
> too long.

Thanks for your feedback. As Benni said, this is just a draft and
we're waiting for more opinions. I also think that 6 months of overlap
are fair and absolutely doable. But if it turns out that people need a
longer overlap, we might still adjust this. However, for this we need
to know if there's really such demand, as it will also mean more work
for us...

Greetings, Michael

More information about the TYPO3-team-core mailing list