[TYPO3-core] Proposal for the upcoming Roadmap and LTS

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Sat Oct 6 17:42:24 CEST 2012


On 10/06/2012 04:05 PM, Benjamin Mack wrote:


> We want to make the following suggestion:
> 1) We really want to stay in the 6-month-release cycle


> 2) We want another LTS version
>  * Depending on the criteria of a project, there is a high demand for
> both (bleeding-edge features as well as long-term commitment)
>  * Therefore we see a need to keep up with the LTS versions
>  * A new LTS version shouldn't overlap too much with the existing one,
> which will expire in Jan 2014

typo3.org say 4/2014

> 3) Maintenance lifetime


> 4) We don't see the need for defining 7.0 version - yet!


> As a result, we propose the following schedule for the next versions:
> TYPO3 6.0
>  * originally scheduled for October 2012, now postponed to November 2012

Was that also decided "just now"? The roadmap doesn't yet know about it,
and I expect several people also still have 27th October in their schedules.



> TYPO3 6.2
>  * Release in October 2013
>  * Marked as the LTS version, supported until October 2016.
> TYPO3 6.3
>  * Roughly scheduled for April 2014

So we'd have an overlay of one release (6 months) for people wanting to
migrate from on LTS to the next. Imho that's fair and should be doable.

In general looks fine to me - though I expected 6.1 as an LTS maybe -
but I understand your reasoning behind not overlapping LTS-releases for
too long.

Kind regards,

More information about the TYPO3-team-core mailing list