[TYPO3-core] New branches after release of TYPO3 CMS 6.0

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Thu Nov 29 08:39:44 CET 2012

Hi Oli,

Am 28.11.12 17:58, schrieb Oliver Klee:
> Hi,
>
> Am 28.11.2012 12:21, schrieb Oliver Hader:
>> TYPO3 CMS 4.6 is theoretically at the end of maintenance, however
>> Xavier, as release manager of 4.6, agrees to still have one last release
>> of TYPO3 CMS 4.6 in December 2012 for smaller bug fixes.
>
> I'm confused ... according to <http://typo3.org/download/>, the end of
> maintenance for 4.6 is 2013-04, not 2012-10.

If you look at the following section on that page "TYPO3 Versions at a
Glance" it's explained for TYPO3 CMS 4.6:

Obsolete stable release
This release will get full support (bug fixes and security fixes) until
December 2012, but will get security fixes until April 2013. This means
that support for this version will be dropped entirely when TYPO3 6.1 is
released. Updating to TYPO3 6.0 is recommended.

So, in case security releases will be packaged, TYPO3 CMS 4.6 will be
covered until April 2013. Thus I was wrong with "end of maintenance",
but meant "end of full maintenance with regular bug fixes".

Cheers,
Olly
--
Oliver Hader