[TYPO3-core] Proposal for the upcoming Roadmap and LTS

Mario Rimann mario.rimann at typo3.org
Thu Nov 22 10:27:31 CET 2012

Hi all

Am 06.10.12 16:05, schrieb Benjamin Mack:
> To all the contributors out there,
> Olly, Michi, Helmut and me sat together during the T3CON and thought
> about the next releases, after taking all the input from the community
> we got from the last weeks and months. We made the following proposal
> that we think fits best. BUT we want and need your feedback so we can
> fine-tune and modify this proposal. Once we have a consensus I'd like to
> publish a news article in the next weeks, and put up these points on the
> Roadmap page of TYPO3.org so people know what they can expect.

After participating in this discussion here and staying in contact with
some guys from other agencies, I'd like to inform all those involved in
the discussion what I plan to do:

Besides the discussion here in the core list, I got some direct feedback
from other agencies here in Switzerland that they see the same issues
with the lifecycle of TYPO3 that I mentioned here in the discussion.

We're currently planning to meet and discuss this. Our goals for this
meeting are:

a) collect and discuss our needs (e.g. how the TYPO3 release-cycle
should be so that it supports us as agencies best)

and at least as important since complaining-and-hoping alone doesn't work:

b) discuss possible solutions on how we can acheive this to happen, how
we can support the Core-Team

I'll provide an update here as soon as the meeting happened (we're
seeking a date right now).

Best wishes,
Mario