[TYPO3-core] Proposal for the upcoming Roadmap and LTS

Mario Rimann mario.rimann at typo3.org
Thu Nov 22 10:27:27 CET 2012


Am 21.11.12 14:25, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
>> I personally feel it's more important for us to finally say which
>> version will be a new LTS (well, almost clear) so that everybody can get
>> used to it and plan according to it on his own.
> As said before it hasn't even been decided *if* there is going to be
> another LTS version at all.

You're probably right that this is going to be discussed/decided
(again). Just imagine the negative impact a decision *against* having
another LTS version would have to the outside.

I think it would harm TYPO3 as a product: Having an LTS, then again
having no LTS, (...), can be understand like "they don't know what they
want and change their opinion often". For businesses (e.g.
end-users/companies using TYPO3 primarily) this is not really nice.

> For me there is still the issue of having enough resources for making
> and reviewing the backports of bugfixes.
> But, there is a meeting of the core team (co)leaders in a few days and
> one of the issues on the agenda is the strategies for the next TYPO3 CMS
> releases. So, let's see first if they come up with a solution/proposal
> for the LTS planning.

There will probably be a meeting with representants of several Swiss
agencies where we'll also talk about how to support to solve (our)
problems with the current strategy. I'll make sure that Olly Hader and
the others will know about that - or even join us that day.


More information about the TYPO3-team-core mailing list