[TYPO3-core] Proposal for the upcoming Roadmap and LTS

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Wed Nov 14 20:26:29 CET 2012

Hi Alexander Hahn,

Alexander Hahn wrote:

> Wouldn't a list of features people want or need be nice? Maybe more
> people would start developing them. Now there is a huge barrier for new
> people (developer, designer, webdesigner) to start something or even to
> know they could start something on their own.

We lack neither ideas nor patch requests, but we do lack reviewers and
testers. That would (IMHO) the most helpful way to support TYPO3 CMS atm.

You can vote for issues at forge and you can ask on the dev list for
supportes if you want to implement a feature.
You can also contact the release managers and core team leaders via email if
you want to contribute.

Most wanted features:
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-core/issues?query_id=321

Easy tasks (190):
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-core/issues?query_id=219

Pending patch request (features, master):
https://review.typo3.org/#/q/status:open+project:TYPO3v4/Core+branch:master+message:feature,n,z

Pending patch request (bugfixes, all branches):
https://review.typo3.org/#/q/status:open+project:TYPO3v4/Core+branch:master+message:bugfix,n,z

On top of that you can (contribute):
* Documentation (references, guides)
* Flow, Neos
* Extensions
* Introduction package
* Translations
* spead knowledge, share tutorials, material of all kinds

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!