[TYPO3-core] Proposal for the upcoming Roadmap and LTS

Mario Rimann mario.rimann at typo3.org
Thu Nov 8 14:55:11 CET 2012

Hi

Am 07.11.12 06:35, schrieb Georg Ringer:
> this is in general a good idea, however as said: the more versions, the
> older those are the better the chances for regressions.
>
> Who really can test a backported bugfix for 4.3 and to be sure that
> nothing else is broken on some other strange place?

Even if there would be more man-power, there will never be total safety
that nothing breaks :-/  Given the age and non-testability of the TYPO3
core as we have it so far, we'll never have that safety without going
public with a release and risk one or another regression from time to
time (I know it's awful if that happens)

> If the security issue is really big, there has been always a plan to get
> to a fixed version but don't expect that every small XSS in the backend
> will be backported to a nonsupported version anymore.

Good point. I'd be happy, if at least those security fixes would be
backported to an LTS that are at least of a certain risk (e.g.
exploitable from remote).

Cheers,
Mario