[TYPO3-core] Proposal for the upcoming Roadmap and LTS

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Wed Nov 7 06:35:31 CET 2012

Hi,

Am 06.11.2012 21:56, schrieb Mario Rimann:
> So I'm absolutely in for having the two phases of maintenance types as
> we have them already, but maybe re-balance those two periods against
> each other
> - maybe shorten the "fully maintained" period a bit
> - hopefully extend the "only security fixes" period a bit

this is in general a good idea, however as said: the more versions, the
older those are the better the chances for regressions.

Who really can test a backported bugfix for 4.3 and to be sure that
nothing else is broken on some other strange place?

If the security issue is really big, there has been always a plan to get
to a fixed version but don't expect that every small XSS in the backend
will be backported to a nonsupported version anymore.

Georg