[TYPO3-core] Translation 'en' missing

Daniel Alder dalder at snowflake.ch
Fri Nov 2 09:31:02 CET 2012

Am 01.11.2012 10:31, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:

> Actually we had a problem with Snowbabel that it did not make "en"
> translations until I made that fix in our local core.

thx for that, but this is not solving the problems with the frontend
extensions ;)

> Officially TYPO3 supports only languages from that constant. There was a
> doc somewhere before where it was described how to add languages. It was
> mentioned there.

Since this constant only needed in backend and for frontend extensions
'en' was never excluded -> I think it was never official ;)

> Usually you can use _LOCAL_LANG.default.string_id.

I am sure of that. But changing locallang via TS is a bad habit.

> I think that inability to easily change English translations is one of
> major omissions in TYPO3. I also want to change those strings sometimes :)

now you know, thats just for 4.6 and above ;)