[TYPO3-core] Alert before leaving unsaved changes

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Fri May 25 09:26:24 CEST 2012

Hello Robert,

For of all, thanks for sharing your ideas on how to enhance TYPO3.

> I would like to know:
>
> - if there is an "Alert on unsaved changes"; (this is answered: no,
> there isn't)

The answer is no as you found out.

> - if not, is anybody already working on an implementation; (doesn't seem
> so...)

Same here.

> - if not, is there a general interest (there is from the side of my
> people, my clientel, my friends, and myself - anybody else - doesn't
> seem so either at the moment...);

For sure.

> - if not - may this thread rest in peace; if yes, let's find a solution.
>
> Is that clearer? If not help my by trying your best to understand this
> post in the best possible meant way, ok?

I would suggest opening a feature request on forge.typo3.org. Make some
buzz to get "votes" for it and above all try to find interested parties for

1) Having some estimation on the workload for it
2) Having someone or best 2 persons working on the implementation
3) Possibly funding this change or "rewarding" persons from 2)

We have Core code sprints from time to time, perhaps participating in
the event in one way or the other could be a good way to have it.

Just a few ideas.

Kind Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers