[TYPO3-core] why did jenkins reject my commit?

Stefano Kowalke blueduck at gmx.net
Tue May 22 01:02:58 CEST 2012

Hey guys and girls,

your are right. The informatins why Jenkins reject a build is not really
present nor where to find the information.

In a perfect world, Gerrit will be able to display such informations
directly as an inline comment, but this feature isn't available yet.

Few days before, I enabled Jenkins sending mails to the author who
breaks the build. This mail contain the console output. Did anyone get
this mail?

Also I added a small section to [1] about this topic. Feel free to move
it to a more suitable place.

> i would like to have a some more detailed guide what and how to test before
> i push a commit. is there something in the wiki?

Not yet.

> ps: how safe is the jenkins safety net?

Jenkins checks for syntax errors (PHP Lint) and some rules of the Coding
Guidelines. You will find a list of which rules are currently checked at
the job itself [2].

Regards
Stefano

[1] http://wiki.typo3.org/Contribution_Walkthrough_with_CommandLine