[TYPO3-core] why did jenkins reject my commit?

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sat May 19 23:26:02 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 19-5-2012 22:08, Christian Kuhn wrote:
> Wouter and Roland mostly pushed CGL fixes the last days and weeks
> (thanks!).

I hadn't looked at the particular patch, but still it is a bit odd to
push something which hasn't been checked at all. IDEs like PhpStorm,
Netbeans, etc. would've indicated the problems, a manual syntax
validation would've picked it up, etc.

 > Those patches tend to be hard to test on one side in its full
> expanse, and are no-brainers codewise on the other hand.

Then you know that we have encountered more problems with these
seemingly no-brainer clean-ups. I remember a case of "uppercase
false/true" clean-up which also transformed some uses of "false" in
Javascript, and another case which changed split() into preg_split() and
we ended up with calls to preg_spliti() [1] .

Those CGL patches are valuable for code quality, but must be checked
carefully; also before pushing them.
Then again, this is just my opinion :-)

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/32773

--