[TYPO3-core] SWFOBJECT object and JavaScript placement

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed May 16 10:47:44 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 16-5-2012 10:07, François Suter wrote:
>> Any ideas how to solve this conundrum?
>
> This topic obviously didn't stir much interest ;-)

At first it looked like you described a way to shoot yourself in the
foot and wanted a safety on the gun to prevent that.

When I re-read it I come to the same conclusion. The order of the
markers matter in this case. JavaScript doesn't have its own priority
but simply uses the order in which the scripts appear in the source.

> A more general solution might be - for those who would be interested in
> digging further - to manage a queue of objects to render.

That way you could drop the various markers. It would require some
"before-X" and "after-Y" finetuning options to be able to properly
position parts in the queue. An extra challenge would be to position
items relatively to items which are not yet in the queue (e.g. extension
"A" inserts JS which depends on library "c", but this library is added
to the queue by extension "B" which is loaded after extension "A")

Could be a solution indeed, but then again why would you change the
order of the markers in the template and how many people would need such
a changed template?

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member