[TYPO3-core] Release-Cycle and Maintenance-Policy of TYPO3

Tolleiv Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Fri May 11 19:35:49 CEST 2012

Hi,

for me the 6 months release cycle is kind of a compromise between
contributors who's like to get their stuff out in the world asap and
agencies who'd like to have long living stable releases.

I personally prefer to have a high(er) update frequency with a focus on
a very easy way to update and thus make it easier for everyone to keep
up with the latest releases without spending too much money.

Going slower for me just means that there's more time between releases
and that makes it much more likely that we loose focus.

Cheers,
Tolleiv

--
http://twitter.com/tolleiv - http://blog.tolleiv.de