[TYPO3-core] Bug with the calculation of cache expiry for pages

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue May 8 12:55:06 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 8-5-2012 11:58, Bernd Wilke wrote:
> in your solution you only use the endtime. is the starttime not
> important too?

The calculation is done in two steps. First we try to find the content
elements on the page which can affect the cache expiry. For this only
the endtime is relevant:
- if the endtime is in the past, ignore content element; starttime
should also be in the past
- if endtime is in the future we have to look at the starttime and/or
endtime
- if endtime is zero, it means +infinite; still have to consider the
starttime

The second part of the calculation uses both endtime and starttime:
- endtime is zero, ignore this (we start with a potential expiry of
+infinite)
- endtime non zero, consider this
- starttime in the past, ignore this
- starttime is zero, ignore it (means -infinite)
- starttime in future, consider this

The special meaning of zero in starttime and endtime makes things a bit
complicated.

Does this make sense to you?

--
Jigal van Hemert