[TYPO3-core] Bug with the calculation of cache expiry for pages

Bernd Wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Tue May 8 11:58:23 CEST 2012

On 05/04/2012 01:26 PM, François Suter wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> please use the Forge issue [1] for discussions of that kind: the mailing
>> list is not linked to Forge or Gerrit so nobody can read it up here
>> later - or now.
>
> Fair enough, although discussions in the mailing list could attract more
> opinions.
>
> Anyway, answered in the bug report: http://forge.typo3.org/issues/35684
>
> Cheers

As I'm not so familiar with this special subject I answer in the NG.

one question came to mind:

in your solution you only use the endtime. is the starttime not
important too?

calculating the cache-time of a page depends on the endtime of the
contained CEs and the starttime (so they are in the future).

min( all starttimes > now, all endtimes > now)

given:
CE  starttime endtime (relative to now)
1 0 +30
2 0 -10
3 -30 -10
4 -30 0
5 -20 +20
6 +10 0
7 +15 +40

(future) changes in the page will be: +10 (+CE 6), +15 (+CE7), +20
(-CE5), +30 (-CE1), +40 (-CE7)

the page should no longar than 10 days been cached, as after 10 days a
new element will be visible.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html