[TYPO3-core] Thinking about a lightweight backend - what do you think?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 13 22:43:57 CET 2012

Hi,

On 13-3-2012 19:34, Thomas Esders wrote:
> For me the focus of this thread is a "second" backend for the daily work
> of an editor (maybe for 80% of the work) that exists in parallel to the
> "normal" backend (what ever that is - first of all i am thinking about
> the 4.x backend here).
>
> This "thin" backend has it´s focus on:
> - CRUD for pages
> - CRUD for content (text, text with image, images - nothing more)
> - Upload files
> [perhaps - CRUD for News]
>
> Nothing more, nothing less.

All this can be achieved with the current BE interface. You can set for
a user group:
- the modules in the left menu which are available
- the part(s) in the pagetree and fileadmin which are accessible
- the tables (record types) which can be read and written
- the fields in those records which are available
- the types of content elements which can be created
- the types of plugins which can be accessed
- etc.

The backend can be provided with a different skin (it's quite a task,
but it is possible), so you could change the look and feel.

My experience with editors is the opposite: after a short period they
want more and more options activated.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.