[TYPO3-core] Patchset mess for Send no-cache headers

Steffen Ritter steffen.ritter at typo3.org
Thu Mar 8 14:18:06 CET 2012

Am 08.03.2012 13:58, schrieb Markus Klein:
> Hi Steffen,
>
> As far as I understood this patch histories, things happened like that:
> 1 First patch for 4.6 was created
> 2 It got accidentally submitted without enough votes. (it contains only the releases 4.4, 4.5, 4.6)
> 3 Instead of simply reverting this patch, another patch has been submitted that simply removed the code again. (a "revert" as new commit)
> 4 A new patch has been filed for the same issue, but now correctly for the releases 4.4 - 4.8.
> 5 Successful reviewing led to the submission of this patch
> 6 The backports for all branches are filed
>
> Since the patch of 2 is shown in the merged issues overview, but is actually not included in the Core due to the patch in 3 (which itself is not shown in this overview as it missed change-id and releases lines), this is wrong information.
> Therefore I suggest to revert patches 2 and 3 to get rid of this invalid information and continue with the patches from 5 and 6 as usual.
>
> Kind regards
> Markus

Hi Markus,
thanx for detailed explanation. Now I got it.
It indeed is a mess. But if we revert the 2 patch-sets we have 2 more
commits within our "history": two revert commits. "Deleting" of stuff
just ist not possible.

As we currently seem to have the overview what is missing I would say
just merge the pending stuff and close our eyes on stati on Gerrit since
we cannot "delete" something from our history. Having 3 commits in one
branch for the same topic is better than having 5 - even if the
situation is messy.

So IMHO we just should put another step 5 after step 6 and file the mess
under starting issues with gerrit.

Any objections?

regards

Steffen