[TYPO3-core] Liquid feedback - experience anyone?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Mar 7 15:26:25 CET 2012

Tolleiv Nietsch schrieb am 06.03.2012 20:38:
> Hi,
>
> in some of the recent discussions we've seen that it's sometimes hard to
> figure out were decisions came from. Therefore it seems that liquid
> feedback could be something we should at least evaluate for some of the
> bodies of TYPO3.
>
> That's why I wanted to ask whether someone would be able to evaluate it
> and present it during the Core meeting or during the T3DD12?
>
> One the other hand, I'd like to ask everyone to post the questions which
> should (ideally) be answered by this evaluation.
>
> Just to clarify this is just meant to evaluate a _tool_, it's not meant
> to question any of the current or upcoming structures or decisions and
> it's not an invitation for another flame war ;)

I've done some basic research and am still listening to the mentioned
audio-cast [1], which is very interesting and informative, but also very
long.

There are two concurring systems:

- Adhocracy
- LiquidFeedback

Both are unfortunately not "simple PHP/MySQL" software, but require more
"brain" to setup (i.e. the installation instructions of adhocracy starts
with "Installing Adhocracy is a somewhat complicated process." [2]

But to trial the concept or play with it at least there is a hosted
solution of Adhocracy.

I've created an account and am currently the only member [3].
So we might give it a try and play with it for a while. Important after
a "free trial period" would be to have a group of people that really
invest some time to dig into the "details" to create some basic
documentation for on how we want to use it in future.

For a kick start it could be possible to use the platform to vote about
propositions on "new features" for the 6.0 project that are popping up
here and there.

Cheers,
Ernesto

[1] http://cre.fm/cre158