[TYPO3-core] [TYPO3-mvc] TYPO3 4.7 Feature Freeze // Extbase Sprint

Steffen Ritter steffen.ritter at typo3.org
Sun Mar 4 11:37:51 CET 2012

Dear Extbase Team,

last weeks the TYPO3 4.7 feature freeze was applied.
Since extbase and fluid are core-dependent system extensions and shipped
with the Core, the feature freeze for sure applies for extbase and
fluid, too.

Anyhow, as I got rembered by Patrick you are going to have an extbase
feature-sprint even after Beta2.

Sadly this has been scheduled 100% against the release schedule even if
the topic is "issues that matter for 4.7".

As Extbase evolved to a very important component of TYPO3 during the
last releases I do not want to cut you of per sé but I will have a look
at the commits carefully and decide what can go into 4.7 after
feature-freeze (for sure: speak to you about it before rejecting it). As
I told Patrick already on T3BOARD I could live with exceptions as long
as it is not totally changing behaviour, breaking API or changing SQL.
But these exceptions will be individual decisions for every tasks, not
the extension at whole.

As an additional demand from "Core" there would be "removing the
Signal/Slot Dispatcher" as it got integrated to t3lib by now.

I could imagine publishing another third Beta after your sprint, or
moving the Beta2 for one week. For a better evaluation of these
possibilities, I would really like you to give me an overview of the
planned stuff for the sprint: What do you want to achieve and aim to
integrate in 4.7.
Probably I could manage to come over, too, if this would be interesting
option to you.

Anyhow It would be great If you guys could set up an list what has been
achieved so far, as the release notes currently do not refer to extbase
at all. I know that this is my fault as I missed to get in touch with
you boys in time to get to know about the new stuff for the release notes.

Thanks for your work and keep it up...

regards

Steffen

--