[TYPO3-core] Unit Tests are excuted automaically on every merge in master branch

Peter Niederlag peter.niederlag at typo3.org
Sat Jun 30 09:26:19 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 29.06.2012 20:11, Helmut Hummel wrote:
> Hi Peter,
[...]
> Hm, OK.
> So e.g refs/changes/59/11859/4 is a symbolic ref that points to what? To
> an object stored in objects?

everything is a sha1. as we humans are not good at memorizing these
sha1's you can put a label onto them. That's basically what branch and
tags are. In general they are called references.
Have a look at 'git show-ref' to see all your labels/refs.

[...]
> The question now is, how to get travis building also for those symbolic
> refs. I could ask the travis guys, but I want to be sure that it makes
> sense in general because I doubt they will implement something which is
> only useful for us.

Well, gerrit is pretty spread (google, android,...)

> Another option would be to automatically make a symbolic ref from e.g
> refs/heads/changes/4/2/1 to refs/changes/4/2/1 so that it would be in
> the heads namespace. But this would imho mean that every git fetch would
> download *every* change to every user, which is not what we really want.

it's not expansive but still this is *not* what we want.

[...]

I am sure it is pretty simple to trigger the travis build from a gerrit
hook or some other way. Unfortunatly I didn't manage to look into this
yet. I'll ask on gerrit list right now and keep you posted.

Greets,
Peter