[TYPO3-core] Where to put files related to unit testing?

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Wed Jun 27 00:38:09 CEST 2012

Hi,

while working on improvements to execute unit tests, I came to the
conclusion that we need a place where to put some helper files for unit
testing. To be precise the following files:

UnitTests.xml -> PHPUnit configuration file for unit tests
FunctionalTests.xml -> PHPUnit configuration file for functional tests

UnitTestBootstrap.php -> The boostrap to intitialize TYPO3 good enough
			 to be able to execute unit tests

FunctionalTestBootstrap.php -> The boostrap to intitialize TYPO3 good
				enough to be able to execute
			 	functional tests

These files are needed to be able to conveniently execute the tests in
your IDE instead of using the CLI or the backend module.

In FLOW3 these files are placed in

Build/Common/PhpUnit/

Should we do the same and introduce a new top level folder?

or put the Build folder at

tests/Build/
or
typo3/Build/