[TYPO3-core] Deliver unit tests in the packaged sources?

Markus Klein klein.t3 at mfc-linz.at
Wed Jun 27 11:44:00 CEST 2012

> Am 27.06.2012 00:51, schrieb Helmut Hummel:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I don't see a reason why the unit tests are excluded from the packaged
> > sources. Doing so would enable people who downloaded the tests to
> > execute them in their environment.
> >
> > What do you think?
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Helmut
> >
> If we do so I want them to be runnable from reports module with simply "all green" or "sth. wrong" overview without having to use
> phpunit.
>
> As well es having a step in the 1-2-3 installer "check system for TYPO3"
> just telling that the unit tests could not be executed correctly.
>

> Then there is a benefit. Just delivering them - I'm really unsure.

+1 here.
If the unit tests should be useful for non-devs, we need an adequate UI for this.
In addition to Steffen's requirements, I'd add a log file creator, which creates a downloadable file if the unit tests are not green.
The log file would come in handy when uploaded to the forge issue then.

A possible procedure for the end-user would be:
1.) goto reports module
2.) Run a system check/test typo3/whatevername
3.) If things fail,
3.1.) download the log-file
3.2.) pop-up window to the forge add issue dialog

Kind regards
Markus